Тhe project "ENHANCING THE RESPECT FOR GENDER EQUALITY IN BG-TR CROSS-BORDER AREA" / EQUITY/
is implemented with the financial support of the Bulgaria-Turkey IPA Cross-Border Programme, in accordance with Contract No. RD-02-29-309/29.07.2013. The overall objective of the project is to achieve a better understanding, respect and application of the Gender equality principle in the two neighboring countries, more specifically in the regions of Bourgas and Kirklareli, as well as enhancing the role of the females in the labor market and entrepreneurship.
Specific project objectives
- Acquaintance of the target groups with the EU policy in the field of gender equality and anti-discrimination as well as dissemination of information and “good practices”;
- Analysis of the status-quo of the women's role in thе economy in the two bordering countries and regions, the instruments for start-up of small business in Bulgaria and Turkey;
- Stimulation of women participation in the labor market in the cross border area and reconciliation of professional and private / family/ life;
- Stimulation of women’s entrepreneurship on both sides of the border and establishing partnerships between SMEs founded by females in both countries;
- Stimulation of lifelong learning in the area of soft skills through specialized training, the sharing of experiences and informal learning methods.